- Verify your Google+ page
- Get a Google+ badge for your website/blog…then submit a Google+ page verification request.
- Include physical location and a phone number on your profile.
Why? Google getting ready to incorporate relevant Google+ posts into Google News results
What to post
- Write headlines with keywords
- Ask questions of your followers when you post an update
- + mention the people and organizations mentioned in the stories (using @ before their name)
- + mention people who may want to weigh in on your post, like experts in a field and/or certain active followers.
- Post less text, more video and photos
- + mention commenters names when replying to them.
- Comment on Google+ thought leader posts
- Focus on a particular thought leader and promote his or her content.
- Ask open-ended questions like, “What would you like to see us do here?”
Best time to post
- 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. local time
How to post
- Bold headlines in posts by surrounding them with asterisks.
- G+ specific shortcodes.