Last week I got offered a Very Inspiring Blogger Award! Thank you so much Pervertically Virtuous for saying I have a “very accessible way of raising important sex- and gender-related issues.” 😀
I can’t believe I’m even being read, much less inspiring people. What an honor!
Here are the rules:
Thank the people who awarded you
Thank you again Pervertically Virtuous. Your blog is awesome and I highly recommend it.
Post the image of it somewhere on your blog, write a post.
You’re reading it.
State 7 facts about yourself
1. Everything I am is a giant overreaction to what I don’t like about who I used to be. I used to be a conservative Christian, now I’m a polyamorous libertarian. But this has been going on for awhile. I used to be really unfortunate looking, so for a while I was obsessed with how I looked. I had no friends for a while so then I went out and made all the friends. Etc.
2. I have a complicated relationship with class. I admire and am intimidated by people who are cultured and well educated and actually into highbrow shit. But I kind of detest highbrow shit and pretense at the same time. I get way too wrapped up in trying to hide my ignorance or inferior intelligence.
3. I don’t tan. It’s not a health decision, or a political statement. My skin literally will not turn any color other than pink or red.
4. I’m obsessed with markets. A man describing his impression of our initial conversation (wherein I was flirting): “You’re really going to talk about markets?” I remember nothing unusual about the conversation.
5. I read way more non-fiction than fiction. Memoirs are my favorite. Chelsea Handler, David Sedaris and Augustin Burroughs holla! I love positive psychology. I’m also into, yet embarrassed by and wary of, evolutionary psychology.
6. I’ve been married and divorced and have a mortgage for a brick house I don’t live in and I’m 27. Alabama.
7. I’m ambivalent about having children.
Nominate 15 fellow bloggers deserving of this award
The Honest Courtesan – This libertarian-ish retired call girl pulls no punches.
Hyperbole and a Half – Hilarious. Touching. Relatable.
Thoughts on Liberty – I write for them, so this is kinda wrong, but whatever. Lots of talented lady libertarian writers.
The Individualist Feminist – She should write more. But when she does, it’s great.
Mike Riggs – Riggs keeps reports on pols accountable for the horrors of the war on drugs over at Reason.
Mandy Stadtmiller – XO Jane’s funniest, most keeps-it-real blogger.
Craig D. Schlesinger – Feminist libertarian music expert in Nashville, TN.
The Skeptical Libertarian – Sometimes the skeptical community can be not super woman-friendly or market-friendly. Not so here. Dan loves women and markets.
Bleeding Heart Libertarians – Especially Sarah Skwire and Steve Horwitz, intellectuals in the free-market space willing to talk about what others won’t, and who do it with grace, class and intelligence.
Libertarian Girl – Actually a Facebook page. She’s intelligent, beautiful, accessible and funny.
Tiffany Madison – Tiffany is an extremely talented writer. Her evisceration of Eric Holder is a thing to behold.
Liberty Minded – These guys started as a podcast and are making an entertainment play and I’m so excited about what’s next.
Tracy Quan – Wrote Diary of a Manhattan Call Girl, writes for Jezebel, the Guardian, Daily Beast and was just published in Reason magazine!
The Unslut Project – Nationally recognized awesome Tumblr aggregating young people’s struggles with slut shaming.
CopBlock – Great reporting on police abuse.
Now to let these luminaries know!
*6. I’ve been married and divorced and have a mortgage for a brick house I don’t live in and I’m 27. Alabama.*
WTF? For real?! Wow, that’s, umm, impressive? 🙂
Some awesome nominations there, looking forward to checking out some of those bloggers!
Haha, yep. I’ve already subbed to three of the bloggers you recommended. Thanks!
Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.