BA. May 2008, Journalism and Mass Communication, Samford University
Associate at Young VoicesJuly 2013 – present
- Published in Forbes, VICE Motherboard, the Chicago Tribune, Reason magazine, the Washington Examiner, Daily Caller, XOJane, Penelope Trunk’s Brazen Careerist
- Obtained Young Voices columns in Forbes, The Huffington Post, and TownHall
- Appeared on Fox News and Al Jazeera America
- Lead media and op-ed trainings
- Edit articles
- Maintain Young Voices Facebook and Twitter
- Repost published articles on Young Voices blog
- Write and send weekly Young Voices email newsletter
Commentary WriterJanuary 2009-present
- Creator and Editor-in-Chief of Sex and the State
“The best new libertarian blog online.” Washington Times
- Blogger for The Huffington Post
- Former columnist for Doublethink magazine and Thoughts on Liberty
- Followership of 3,800 on Twitter
April 2012-present, Digital Publishing Specialist, Reason magazine
Lead the development and implementation of SEO strategies to drive traffic to the Reason site. Develop and implement social media campaigns. Promote Reason’s digital publications. Promote digital content syndication and maximize content value. Create, market and distribute E-publications. Develop and manage marketing partnerships to expand subscriptions. Develop new digital products.
June 2012-present, Koch Associate Program
Learn how to most effectively add value to my organizations while finding and utilizing my comparative advantages in the marketplace.
June 2008-present, SEO Specialist, EBSCO Industries Inc. Corporate Communications Department
Gather data from competitor research, site analytics (Google Analytics and Omniture SiteCatalyst) and search algorithm changes. Interpret data in order to identify and implement effective organic SEO, paid search and social media marketing strategies for divisions’ e-commerce and brochureware sites. Work with developers to ensure that sites and site enhancements are built to maximize SEO value. Keep organization abreast of SEO trends and changes. Train SEO copywriters.
August 2009-present, owner and blogger, http://cathyreisenwitz.com
Provide clients internet marketing services and consulting on a freelance basis.
October 2009-present, owner and blogger, http://anarcho-capistalism-blog.com
HTML/CSS, WordPress, Dreamweaver, FTP, Google Analytics, Google Webmaster Central, Omniture, various content management systems, QuarkXPress, InDesign, PageMaker and Microsoft Office.